With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, a much needed spark of joy (I see you, Marie K) has filled the air during this chilly (or should I say polar vortex) season. While we all observe this day in our own way, be it a dinner date with roses & chocolates, or a Galentine’s Day Out, the truth is Valentine’s Day is about love for anyone and everyone, even yourself! Here are five ways to treat the person who really deserves it: y-o-u.
1. Indulge in it all. You deserve to indulge your sweet tooth. My favorite spot to get cute and delicious treats is Sugarfina. Imagine a chic boutique filled with gourmet sweets that are just as beautiful to look at as they are to taste. My favorites ranked: Sugar Lips, Sugarfina Pearls, Robins Eggs Caramels and Green Juice Bears.
2. Breakfast in bed. By you, for you. You don’t need to hear it from me but breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so treat yourself by having a meal in bed! I am so obsessed with overnight oats and chia pudding these days because it’s not only simple and healthy, but it’s literally ready for you when you wake up in the morning!
3. Soak in a bath. The everyday hustle and bustle can seem never-ending. Take some time to sit back, relax, and soak in a luxurious hot bath for an hour or two. My favorite oil to bathe in is Olverum Bath Oil (also a Goop favorite). It is full of essential oils that provide therapeutic benefits, soothe aches and pains, and boost sleep.
4. Go ahead, splurge a little. Forget dressing to impress someone else. Instead, splurge on that item you’ve had your eyes on; I could give you my laundry list of lusts, but I’ll spare you. Here is (fingers crossed) my next pair of fancies.
5. Write yourself a love letter. While love letters are an ancient concept, that doesn’t mean it should fall by the wayside. Pick up a pen and a piece of paper, and write yourself a letter that lists everything you love about yourself. Whether it’s accomplishments, milestones, or body-positive notes, the goal is to turn to this letter when you need some TLC and a reminder to love and support yourself.
How are you planning on spending Valentine’s Day this year? Tell me in the comments section below!
Shop My Look
Blush Satin Skirt • Pink Polka Dot Pussycat Blouse (sold out; similar here, here and here) • Rag & Bone Neon Blazer (sold out; similar here) • Stuart Weitzman Less Nudist Sandals • Old Navy Pink Translucent Sunglasses