HI! Remember me?! Haha..it’s been quite some time since I last wrote a post, but I’m back and a brand spankin new mama figuring out how to navigate life with a kiddo. When I first found out I was pregnant I went through this new-mom-panic stage where I needed to know all the things I should have ready when baby came home. Fast forward those nine months and guess what – I didn’t have anything ready! To put it simply, Kinza arrived early and most of our stuff was still boxed away.
You may have recognized these items from my registry post a few months back.
I’ll start first with the swaddle – there’s literally a gazillion types of swaddle blankets and techniques out there. Fold this way, tuck under that way, slide up this way…wait, no fold THAT way, tuck these two pieces in here…(baby starts crying and ninjas out of the swaddle). Yeah that’s basically how it goes for us. Kinza loves a tight swaddle, but hates the process of getting there. The Ollie Swaddle is genuinely different from all of the rest out there, and after using it I can safely say it’s wondrous.
– Easy to use. In the middle of the night when my fuzzied brain can barely function, all I need to do is VELCRO! Life = made.
– Heavy duty. The velcro I mentioned is secure; no ninjaing out of this one!
– Luxe fabric. I’m kind of a fabric whore (love me my soft cottons and silks) and the fabric this swaddle is made from is 100% cotton and moisture wicking.
– Cutest – because nothing is more precious than a baby bundled in a burrito.
– Better sleep. This swaddle legitimately improved her quality and duration of sleep and since we’ve been using it, she’s been less fussy and rarely wakes up with that “startle” reflex.
The DockATot is another life-saver.
– Solid structure. If these walls could listen, I’d thank them over and over again. The DockATot is made such that babe feels snug and cozy, similar to the womb.
– Portability. The DockATot has been in every room of our place, and travels with us if we’re headed out to a friend’s place.
– Safety. I often always heard parents sleeping with their baby in between them on the bed and I always told myself I’d never be able to do that because I roll around SO DANG MUCH in my sleep. Luckily, with Kinza sleeping in the Dock, we can safely co-sleep knowing she’s cushioned and supported properly.
– Design. Something about the La Vie en Rose design just lays this image of Kinza frolicking in a secret garden. If roses are your thing, there’s PLENTY of other adorable covers you can choose from. (My second favorite would be the Pina Colada one).
There is so much more I can say about both The Ollie Swaddle and the DockATot, but for now I’m going to tend to my babe.